Part of an extended period SDARC-Members-only Award Scheme to encourage on-air operating, to have some competitive fun playing radio, to raise the profile of SDARC on the air and to reward members making consistent use of their radio gear. Go on, have a go !!
Please be aware that it can take a minute or so for your QSOs to appear in the league table. Please do not worry.
- Every licensed member of SDARC is encouraged to enter, using your own Call Sign (no SCCs).
- Your aim is to work as many UK Postcode Districts (eg BM) as you can during the Award period.
- ALL UK Districts shown on the attached Postcodes List are valid.
- Work stations normally aiming to discover their “Postcode Area” (eg B34) -There are 124 of them!
- The Postcode Districts are based on the first 2 letters of the Royal Mail Postcode Areas (eg SN = Swindon).
- Single letter Post Codes Areas (eg B = Birmingham) have been padded to make a 2 letter Postcode District (eg BM)
- Remember, when identifying a station’s location, it’s only their local Post Code ‘area’ you need in Royal Mail-speak.
- if G4ABC says his Postcode is PE15AA, you need just PE;
- if M0XYZ/P says his Postcode is B34DT, you need the B which translates to BM
- Hint; If you are given a single letter+number postcode, it might help you to ask for their postcode town/city.
- This list and the SDARC Award Scheme includes English, Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish Postcodes ONLY (not EI)
- Note: More than half the SY (Shrewsbury) Postcode Area is located in Wales (…all the way to Aberystwyth)!
- This will not appear ‘normal practice’, so you will probably have to explain your interest. Explain to stations worked about the SDARC Club Award and its basis around Postcode Areas.
- QSOs may be made from 1st March to 30th November 2017. You have NINE months in all.
- The Award is divided into three periods: (Mar, Apr, May); ( Jun, Jul, Aug); (Sep, Oct, Nov)
- You can enter all three (for the ‘Full Year’ award) or any combination of the 3 periods.
- You can use ANY Mode… Phone, CW or Data (SSB, FM, AM, CW, RTTY, PSK, SSTV…etc..)
- You can use any amateur band for which you are licensed … 135 kHz to light
- You choose ONE of four TX Power categories, as permitted by your licence (10/50/100/400W).
- Direct contacts only… no repeaters, satellites or Echolink/ Internet contacts.
- You may operate from anywhere within 25 miles of your licensed address. (ie: home, /P , /M or /A)
- Your transmitter & antenna that put the RF into the air must be within 25 miles of your QTHR.
- Each Postcode worked counts ONE point in each period (and may be worked again in a subsequent period) but dupes will be removed from scores for the ‘whole year’ award.
- Enter all new Districts using the on-line form at SDARC.net – just copy details from your shack log
- Your first entry on-line determines your chosen Power category for all periods.
- Update your entries for each period by the last day of each period (31/5; 31/8; 30/11)
- ALL entries must be entered by 30 November 2017. No entries submitted after that will count.
- QSOs will not normally need validating but Judges reserve the right to request confirmation.
- The Judges decision in all matters is final.
The on-line table at SDARC.net will show progress. It will be most accurate on day 2 of each period. Awards will be presented at the Club Christmas Dinner. By entering, you agree that Results may be sent to RadCom & the SDARC website.
There will be 4 Winners’ Awards for each Power category…
- for the highest number of Districts collected across the whole year (March – November)
- for the highest number of Districts collected in each Period (Mar-May / June-Aug / Sep-Nov)
- No-one will receive more than one Award… so there should be 16 winners! Go for it!
Remember to tell stations you contact about the SDARC UK Postcodes Award. …It raises the profile of SDARC on the air !
For a list of valid RSGB Post Code Districts, please download our checklist.